Starting Monday, July 6th, the library will offer a no-contact curbside pickup service, by appointment only. Here’s how it will work:
- You will be able to place holds through your online account at evergreen.noblenet.org. If you are having difficulty placing holds online, please contact the library at (781) 631-1481 from 2:00 pm – 5:45 pm or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you need to register for a library card, please fill out the online form at the bottom left corner at marblehead.noblenet.org.
- Items that are available in Marblehead will be pulled within 48 hours of their request. Due to delays in interlibrary delivery service, some items will take longer to become available.
- When your holds are ready, you will receive a notification, via text, email, or phone call, according to your preference, from the library. To change your notification settings go to Account Preferences > Notification Preferences on your online account.
- Once you have received a notice that your items are available, please call the library at (781) 631-1481 during service hours to schedule a pickup time. Appointments can be scheduled between 2:00 pm and 5:45 pm, Monday through Saturday. We ask that you wait until the library has notified you that your requested items are available, before scheduling a pickup appointment.
- Please come to the library at your appointment time, to receive your items. Please wear a mask and follow social distancing protocols during pickup, as a safety measure to benefit all. Items will be in paper bags labelled with your last name, on a cart by the rear entrance, through the parking lot. Since this is a no-contact service, staff will not be outside. Items will already be checked out to you and have their due date slips, so feel free to grab your bag and go! Please only return items to a book returns.
We are delighted to be able to offer curbside pickup service, as a way for patrons to borrow tangible items again! Please continue to check our website at www.abbotlibrary.org, Facebook page @AbbotLibraryMarblehead, and library blog at abbotpubliclibrary.wordpress.com for updates to curbside pickup or returns procedures and hours. We sincerely appreciate your patience and understanding as we navigate this unprecedented time for library services, and we look forward to serving you!