How can I get a library card online?
Any Marblehead resident who would like to register for a library card may do so, even online. Having a library card will allow you to access the Library’s electronic collections, which you can find on the eBooks, Movies, and More! page, as well as digital resources.
If you know you have a library card already but can’t find it or don’t know the number, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
If you need to register for a card, just fill out this online form as completely as possible, click “Submit Registration,” and a library staff member will be in touch with your new library card information!
Your new temporary card number will be valid for two months, and it will grant Marblehead residents access to our wide array of digital services to enjoy from home!
Now that the library has reopened, patrons with temporary barcodes may present a valid ID, showing their current name and address (license, utility bill, etc.), to pick up an official library card for full use of all library services.
Please contact the library at email@example.com or 781-631-1481 with any questions.
How do I download ebooks, audiobooks, and magazines?
- Download the Libby app from the app store on your Android, iOS (iPhone/iPad/iPod touch), or Windows 10 device. Or, visit libbyapp.com in your internet browser.
- In Libby, follow the prompts to find your library and sign in with your library card number (no spaces!).
- Browse your library’s collection and borrow a title.
- Borrowed titles appear under Shelf > Loans and download to the app automatically when you’re connected to Wi-Fi, so you can read them when you’re offline.
- From your Loans, you can:
- Tap Read with… to choose whether you’d like to open a book in Kindle or Libby.
- Tap Open Audiobook or Open Magazine to start reading or listening to that title.
- Tap Manage Loan to see options like Renew and Return.
For more help and instruction, please visit Libby Help.
How do I access Great Courses and IndieFlix streaming video?
- Once you have downloaded the Libby app and signed in using your library card (see above), open the app.
- On the app’s home page, you will see a menu that includes “Extras.” Choose this.
- You will be directed to a page that says “You can use your NOBLE: North of Boston Library Exchange card to access resources at these websites.” Below, you will see buttons for IndieFlix and Great Courses.
- Click on the service you wish to use. The next page will show you the service you chose and your “linked card.” Click “Open.”
- Click on “Get a 7-Day Pass.” A pop-up will explain the terms of your access to the streaming video content.
- Click on “Continue to…” (either IndieFlix or Great Courses, depending on which service you chose).
- You will be directed to the service and can choose what you would like to watch. Once your 7-day pass has expired, you will be able to get another one.
How do I sign up for hoopla so I can access eBooks, movies, music, and more?
Check out this quick video tutorial. You will need your Marblehead library card number and an email address. Hoopla will prompt you to enter these and a password. You DO NOT need a PIN.
If you do not yet have a library card, you can register for a card by filling out this online form (see full instructions above). If you believe you have an account but have forgotten your card number, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
How do I stream movies and TV shows on my TV?
For hoopla: Once you have registered for a hoopla account, visit its Help section, which explains how to stream using Roku, Android TV, Apple TV, and Fire TV.
How do I wirelessly connect my mobile device to my TV (called “mirroring” or “casting”)?
From an Android mobile device to a TV:
Requirements: Android OS 5 or later, and a Google Chromecast or a smart TV
- Download the Google Home app onto your mobile device.
- Open the app and select the TV you would like to cast to.
- Select “Cast My Screen.”
- Accept the prompt that reminds you that anything that pops up on your phone will be visible on the TV.
To stop mirroring, open the Google Home app, and select “Stop Mirroring.”
From an Apple mobile device to a TV:
Requirements: iOS 9 or later, and an Apple TV or a smart TV
- Connect your iOS device to the same WiFi network as your TV.
- From the home screen, open the Control Center by either swiping up from the bottom of the screen or swiping down from the top right corner (depending on the iPhone model).
- Tap “Screen Mirroring.”
- Select your Apple TV or smart TV.
How do I sign up to read magazines online?
For current and back issues of over 250 magazine titles, use Libby:
- Download the Libby app from your mobile device’s app store, or visit libbyapp.com in your browser.
- In the Libby app, follow the prompts to register with your library card.
- Enjoy unlimited access to all magazine titles, that never count against your checkout limit!
For back issues of over 40 popular magazines, use RBDigital:
- Visit abbotma.rbdigital.com.
- Click “Register.”
- After Registering your information, you’ll be able to check out an unlimited number of magazines on any device!
NOTE: For mobile devices, you can download the RBDigital app for convenient reading.
Are electronic collections (eBooks, downloadable audiobooks, ect.) included in the Library’s catalog?